cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g in Cullompton

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed recently in a number of locations in Cullompton that my phone has had a 4g signal. Anyone else noticed this or is my phone playing up?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes looks like the 4G bandwagon has arrived - which is good as according to the service status and coverage checkers you don't even have 3G!

4G seems to be popping up all over the place recently and in some quite out of the way places too - still not to moan.

If it's anything like here in Newmarket they are testing and it will get better and better as the next few weeks go by.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are being picked up by the Tiverton transmitters which are currently being upgraded to 4g.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear you are starting to get 4g slight_smile

You know what confuses me ... I use to live in a small village and it was 1 of the last places to get broadband (only got it because they decided that everywhere had to have broadband) and the 2 tows either side got it way before.

But with 4g it seems a different story... I've checked the coverage checker and the is loads of small villages e.c.t in the surrounding area that have 4g already but a huge city like exeter has just been missed out... you would of though it would of been the other way round 2bh
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is strange - I moved to Newmarket from Milton Keynes nearly 2 years ago now, as far as I can tell MK doesn't have 4G on O2 yet, but Newmarket does seem to be in the process of getting it. 

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The rollout of 4g to an untrained eye can seem somewhat backward. However in order to upgrade o2 will need backhaul functionality so if the fibre network connection is not close to the mast then that will delay rollout. As BT continue to roll out fibre in the rural areas, mobile networks are following with the 4g rollout.

4g won't work that well unless connected to fibre backhaul.
Message 7 of 7