cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 hours with a Galaxy Alpha

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so 24 hours into the Galaxy Alpha: 

on opening the box and picking up the handset you can tell that this is a phone that means business from the feel the weight and the style of the handset it sjust fits perfect into the palm of you hand and feels good too. 

The Sleek metal casing and the soft rubber back to the phone is a welcome and nice adition to the Samsung range. when turning this device on the screen clarity and the brightness is bang on and very asphetic to the eye, the usual steps apply to setting up an android phone, either havingtio register for a gmail account or usuing your exsisting account then the usual motion of dropbox and other samsung accounts this is a little time consuming as always but worth the wait. 

once all set up its like any other samsung phone to personlise, the only draw backs to wich I though this model would have would be the live wallpapers but this has none. I am sure they are downloadable from an app but these are battery heavy. The handset displays the usual galaxy home screen functions the only thing this handset lacks and is let down by is the redundant use of "Widgets" i would of like to of had teh widgets but not availible on this phone so that makes organising shortcuts to emails and other quick apps non applicable so a bit of a ball ache and a big let down to what is a highly anticipated handset but dont let this deter you as other features such as the camera is as sharp as a razor blade both main and secod camera is on the money with some great editing tools to mix it up. im sure with a few more days of playing around other features will come to life and be a "wow" factor.

security is great on the phone with the finger print id and works with no flaws and being able to use with other functions such as pay pal is a welcome addition so no more buying things via accident or after a few beers. 

in short is this a business phone? in my opinion no if you want a handset that is designed for bsuiness use id say the Note or the S5 however if you want a good alrounder and a phone that you can show off to your mates then this is the one! 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting reading.....thanks for the review

Message 2 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nice to hear your thoughts. Surprising about the widgets and could possibly be a deal breaker for me slight_frown

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I was dissapointed at the loss of these as sometimes the on screen shortcuts to emai, calaender etc was a god send! 

Message 4 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I like the alpha, it's looks remind me of the galaxy s2 which was my personal favorite galaxy in terms of looks.
I wasn't a fan of the over rounded corners of the s3 and rounded screen edges of 3 & 4 but they start sticking full or Q HD screens on those alphas, I could be tempted.
Message 5 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to read @Anonymous  You obviously are getting down to business immediately with your trial of this phone.

I remember you saying you would try it knowing you could change it within 14 days....Be interesting to see what your thoughts are before that time...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No widgets.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

yup no widgets Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Surely he means shortcut widgets,
Message 9 of 22