Did you mean: 

24/02/2023| FRAUD/SCAM| Numbers

claydonc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

SCAM PHONE NUMBERS DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF THESE

+44 1925 321439 Notes from this number (past week)

seems to be a company called https://www.plan.com/ selling their products

No message left , zero searches reported on ' who called ' , glad I looked on this website .

Spam automated message - one to block

Called but did not leave message. Appears to be a scam marketing caller. Dont answer

scam

+44 20 3333 4810 Notes from this number (past week) N/O

personal notes,

•called within the same minute of the other numbers

This phone block 203333 is operated by Nexus Telecommunications Limited

+44 20 8089 4943 Notes from this number (past week)

•hung up straight away after answering. I am getting more and more of these. My theory is that they are a company who call masses of numbers to see if people pick up / answer to cleanse lists of numbers to sell on to businesses for more money

•Rang twice and hung up on me

•The caller said they were from 02. Wanted to offer me a 30% discount but couldn't tell me how much I currently pay and said he wouldn't until he sent me an email and another with a code he wanted me to type in. He said the discount meant I would pay £10 instead of £20 pm. When I criticised his maths and said if he was really from 02 he'd be able to say what my.monthly bill was he hung up on me.

•Could barely hear, they were in a busy cal centre and line was crackly. Seemed to be saying they were from Three Mobile Network. Not with Three and never have been so hung up and blocked.

•Rang up twice but ended it straight away

•Called about 1:15pm, I ignored it as I do any unrecognized number. Glad I did by the look of today's comments.

•They said hello but I put the phone down

•IGNORE! SCAM They are a telemarketing company claiming I was on Vodaphone saying they can give me a 30% discount. I said I should just go ahead and report you now they said "F*CK you* Not very professional if you ask me 😂

+44 151 558 0528 Notes from this number (past week)

•Indian fella claiming to be from 02. Wouldn't let me get a word in. Talking about freebies I'm pretty sure (99.9%) this was an attempt at defrauding me. Ended up asking him to email me & cutting the call. Obviously no email has been sent.
•Caller said he is calling from CURRYS with mobile offers. Gives an English name with a strong Indian accent. These guys are frauds, please do not give any personal details. It is a SCAM !!!!!!!!

•Definitely scam number!

•Could hardly understand a word he said so hung up.

be careful of these scams they are so obvious!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23992 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@claydonc Scammers and the numbers they call from probably number in the tens of thousands, if not more. The numbers you posted are a drop in the bucket, and those scammers will be using different numbers tomorrow. Only thing people can do is be vigilant. The links below can sometimes help:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

claydonc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well the time i shared this number they called atleast 30+ different numbers in the matter of 5minutes they have some type of data from us and have some automated system to get out phone numbers and call us and make some money put of it somehow, it’s good to know whats going on also these numbers could be relevant like this one

01952 780641 From telford which has been going since 2016 atleast doing the same scams you can literally search that on this 02 forum, google, its a very known number which scams ALOT of people and that isn’t a main phone number probably affiliated with the bunch i shared.. also you can find the main number with one number which usually leads to some building in one case in india. 

it’s good to know any numbers report any number that comes up since they get taken down very fast

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23992 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@claydonc Change your preferences on your MyO2 page so no one has access to your personal details.

If you think you’ve been the victim of fraud – whether it’s because you’ve given details to someone over the phone, or clicked on a link in a suspicious text or email there are things you can do:
Contact your bank if you think you may have given out financial information. They can help protect your account and stop transactions.
Change your account and online account passwords. Not just your O2 account. All of them.
Forward fraudulent texts to O2 for free on 7726.
Call your Virgin Media or O2 customer services number if you think somebody’s taken out a contract using your details.
Virgin Media customers can phone 150 from their landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
O2 customers can call 202 from their O2 phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone.

You can block the number that called you, or any number you think may be suspicious.

How to block a number:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

claydonc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well this isnt a case of being hacked this is just a big organisation which get our data by data i am talking phone number is one maybe the services we use because they target 02 users that are with 02 so they are doing something. And then if you fall for the trap by answering their call thats already a scam.

02 them self pointed me to this community, why i joined it and posted it. I guess its a good place for 02 users 

Message 5 of 5