cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 step verification option

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Any possibility of an optional 2 step verification option for when I log into my My 02 account.

I know there is a code that is sent to the phone when I access my account details in My02, but a 2 step verification option for logging into the account at the begining would be good, as if anyone hacked in they could see my phone numbers.

Just a suggestion really. All my email accounts have 2 step verification, as does my McAfee account. It certainly gives peace of mind.

😀

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got the wrong end of the stick! @jonsie I don't need to access my account, I can access it quite well. I was just suggesting 2 step verification as an option for customers like me, who would like to see it, as a future login option. 😀

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10570 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

I would rather it not be an SMS as that just opens people upto MITM attacks. 

It should be via a Authenticator App such as Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4