cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 needs to launch 4G VoLTE calling and WiFi calling on pay as you go and customers

kanejmccarthy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am new the O2 community and I want O2 to implement 4G VoLTE calling and WiFi calling on pay as you go and also for giffgaff customers I have YouTube channel raising awareness of this because people on O2 pay you go don't have the benefits and if there's a person without any signal well they have to suffer the consequences and some people I have been out of signal for years and that is not acceptable https://youtu.be/Pj8jzX-LEdk

Message 3 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

O2 need to do nothing..

If people are out of signal on o2 for years why are they still on o2, common sense would tell them to go elsewhere unless they are really that daft and like wasting money....

So how much are you willing to pay for these services???  As these cost money to provide, and need infrastructure building one of which is free..

I will say it again if you want these services then move away from o2.. it really is that simple

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well O2 is falling behind but I'm only trying to voice my opinion for people to be recognised and if they don't want to give O2 you can't force them and I'm entitled to have free speech on this but I am on giffgaff I have been with them for 7 years do you think O2 would have it in the next year

Message 12 of 21

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

I cant see it, may be raise it on the GiffGaff forum, and ask them to pay for the service as they are a seperate company owned by Telefonica, in the same way Voxi is owned by Vodafone Group, and Smarty is owned by Three's Parent H3G.. 

But there will be a cost to having it...

Message 13 of 21

lord_kr
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lack of VoLTE and VoWiFi is a reason why after 15 years I leave O2. I could be so happy to move from pay monthly to pay as you go, £30 big bundle is a ideal option for me, but due to no signal in my flat I have no choice. EE, Vodafone, Three, even Lebara, they all got IMS services as standard for everyone. 

Message 14 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Collage 2022-05-13 20_58_00.jpg

Message 15 of 21

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

You still haven't answered how much you want to pay for these services...

Bored now with this as you arent answering the questions been put to you.. Why not just sign up for a contract.....

thread flagged to mods

Message 16 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What I would pay if I was on O2 pay-as-you-go go if it had it I would pay £20 a month for it on my plan and am on giffgaff 

Message 17 of 21

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

Well go and talk to your operator then, who are a customer of o2's wholesale arm, and ask them to pony up the cost and stop being tight wads...

Other o2 based MVNO's have it, so they can just pay for it like the others

Cant see a campaign on GiffGaffs Community so here's a link for you to start one.. https://community.giffgaff.com/t/general-discussion

Message 18 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone I really want O2 to take this into consideration in fact he needs to happen what really is frustrating the people have asked for it it and more people are leaving because of this and giffgaff members are also leaving to because of this if anything it was make our  network better please give us this because we are dying for it on our network and to be implemented by

Collage 2022-05-13 21_06_50.jpg

Virgin Media O2 and I want the network to finally do something about this can somebody get somebody from O2 to look at this

Message 19 of 21

itdontgo
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is a good reason to want VoLTE now. When you make a call on GiffGaff or O2 PAYG your phone drops back to 2G or 3G and uses the data channel for the call. That means no using the web on your phone whilst you're on a call - no good for business. I have this problem on GiffGaff.

VoLTE is cheaper than a CSD call but it does take priority over other data usage on the mast as it needs a higher quailty of service. Maybe that's why they hold back.

3 and EE offers SMS over IP and VoLTE contract or PAYG. Vodafone offer it to contract customers. 

3G will be gone this year and 2G won't be able to make calls after the analogue phone network shutdown at the end of 2025. That's not very far away. People should be able to know whether they're going to need a new phone in a few years. Not all phones will have the binary files for O2 VoLTE.

Message 20 of 21