cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 needs to launch 4G VoLTE calling and WiFi calling on pay as you go and customers

kanejmccarthy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am new the O2 community and I want O2 to implement 4G VoLTE calling and WiFi calling on pay as you go and also for giffgaff customers I have YouTube channel raising awareness of this because people on O2 pay you go don't have the benefits and if there's a person without any signal well they have to suffer the consequences and some people I have been out of signal for years and that is not acceptable https://youtu.be/Pj8jzX-LEdk

Message 3 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am new the O2 community and I want O2 to implement 4G VoLTE calling and WiFi calling on pay as you go and also for giffgaff customers I have YouTube channel raising awareness of this because people on O2 pay you go don't have the benefits and if there's a person without any signal well they have to suffer the consequences and some people I have been out of signal for years and that is not acceptable

Message 1 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 2 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Which other networks in the UK offer these services to their PAYG customers, @kanejmccarthym?

Will take a look at your video... 

Message 4 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@kanejmccarthy 

How much are you willing to pay for VoLTE and WiFi Calling??? 

o2 have made a business decisions not to offer these services to PAYG customers, now whether that because the ARPU of user of PAYG is too low or just because they feel there is no return in investment to offer it. 

GiffGaff is an MVNO run on the o2 network, and it is upto them as a subsidary of Telefonica to ask for them, and pay for them.. and again how do they the charge that back to the Customer

Are you going to go after EE who do the same and actually lock PAYG customers out of certain bands??  and after Vodafone ??

Why not just vote with your feet and go to another network, or take out a contract...  Baring in mind one MVNO has already killed off there PAYG offering... not long till the MNO's do it as well. as its a loss leader... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 21

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Duplicate Post

Message 6 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screenshot_20220505-151853_Chrome.jpg

https://youtu.be/ThOah6pclYk can we please raise awareness for people who can't get signal on O2 pay as you go and can we keep sharing this on it our 02 community

Message 7 of 21

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6264 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Just for the record if you want an MNVO with these facilities then they are available on both 1p Mobile (EE) and Voxi (Vodafone)

I suspect the VoLTE element may be down to both networks closing 3G next year. That said, EE's budget brand PlusNet offers neither 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 21

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You have ignored the questions posed to yourself?? 

And o2 do not have to offer you anything above what you signed up to when getting a PAYG sim card, if you want those services then move networks to one that does.. your choice of Network that offers it is Three and as others have pointed out a few MVNO's offer it as well...

Message 9 of 21

kanejmccarthy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But the thing is people out of signal on O2 pay-as-you-go and been out of signal for years and what I'm trying to do is raise awareness of this and O2 need to have it on their network on pay as you go because it would be amazing for people who don't have signal right now to have Wi-Fi calling and 4G VoLTE calling so why can't we get the benefits on O2 pay-as-you-go and on Giffgaff just like everyone else and I don't think O2 really understand and the situation right now they need some room for improvement

Message 10 of 21