cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 bashing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having read the other sections of the forums, Apple, home and mobile broadband etc, I am starting to feel that I am the odd one out.

Why?

Let me tell you.

I have three contracts with 02 - Iphone 3G, Laptop / mobile broadband, and home broadband.

Thus far I am very happy with all aspects of the contracts. Each time I contact customer services they are very polite and helpful - and not based in India.

Laptop and mobile broadband 'does what it says on the tin'

Iphone is fantastic, (and unlike some other users I don't feel that an 18 month legal contract should be torn up just because a new model comes out!)

The home broadband router went down a few weeks of getting it, I called customers services who called me back and after half an hour it was clear the router was faulty. A new router arrived the next day and has been perfect in both reliability and speed ever since.

I have had contracts with Three, Orange and Vodaphone in the past and not one of them could match the customer service provided by 02.

I know this sounds like an advert but I can assure you that I do not work for 02 and neither does my partner or any of my family - I am just happy with the services and products.

And as far as I am concerned, praise were praise is due!

I am not knocking all the people that have had problems with 02 in anyway, but I thought would be nice to address the balance a bit!

Am I the odd one out or do other people feel this way as well?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, there are no doubt many satisfied o2 customers, but as with any service related forum, the disgruntled are generally the ones more likely to want to vent.

I've been with o2 since 2004 and have never had a problem that wasn't sorted quickly and courteously. So, no complaints here.

SV
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
People love to get their own way, especially if they have no reasonable justification.

Era of the Spoiled (and all ages apply it appears).

I don't like O2's stance on contracts though; these are my own personal gripe. Cancelling a contract is one thing, but renewable contracts before term can create win-win scenarios if handled correctly, and a little peace goes a long way...
Message 3 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Welcome to the forum Martyn23.

A little voice of sanity, through the hysteria. wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
People love to get their own way, especially if they have no reasonable justification.
Era of the Spoiled (and all ages apply it appears).
I don't like O2's stance on contracts though; these are my own personal gripe. Cancelling a contract is one thing, but renewable contracts before term can create win-win scenarios if handled correctly, and a little peace goes a long way...

Era of the Spoiled - how very, very true adam_t
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the forum Martyn23.
A little voice of sanity, through the hysteria. wink

Thanks perksie
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does appear that some people expect the world.

However I fail to see why it is so expensive to cancel the contract when taking out a new contract.

o2 want 7x £45.00 out of me £315.00 to end my contract so I can sign up again.

So are the 1200 any network mins and 500 txts a month that I wont get given but will pay o2 upfront for not worth anything?? Surely 8400mins and 3500 texts has a value?

The termination fee should be lower than the months remaining x line rental it is a rip off that it is not!! o2 have failed big time on this one!
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does appear that some people expect the world.
However I fail to see why it is so expensive to cancel the contract when taking out a new contract.
o2 want 7x £45.00 out of me £315.00 to end my contract so I can sign up again.
So are the 1200 any network mins and 500 txts a month that I wont get given but will pay o2 upfront for not worth anything?? Surely 8400mins and 3500 texts has a value?
The termination fee should be lower than the months remaining x line rental it is a rip off that it is not!! o2 have failed big time on this one!

I know that the Iphone contracts seems to be a very sore point with a lot of Iphone users.

The maths used on 99% of all the posts concerning this issue are correct.

On this subject I can only speak for myself.

I am an Apple 'newbie', the 3G is my first Apple phone. It is absolutely fantastic and does 10 times more then perhaps I use it for - Im ashamed to say.

Yes, I probably pay over the odds an lock myself into an 18 month contract, however I can live with that and with the new OS3 thats coming out I can live with waiting till the termination of my present contract to upgrade.

But there is the crunch - people sign an 18 month legal contract with their eyes wide open. An 18 month contract lasts 18 months and you legally contract yourself to make 18 monthly payments to 02 - it's that simple!

I do totally respect other peoples concerns, but I don't however wish to join the Iphone debate as this is covered, (very extensively), in other areas of the forum.

Suffice to say I am happy with the Iphone contract I have with 02, and will upgrade to the new model when my contract expires.
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been an 02 customer for many, many years (since Genie days) and apart from a few problems that have always been rectified to my satisfaction (and usually in a very quick time frame) - I am more than happy to keep giving O2 my money either on a contract or P-n-G / Simplicity and so is my partner and 2 children.

All I can say about the fact you only ever read the bad side of customer <-> O2 interactions -

Bad news travels fast - good news seldom travels at all.
"Write that down Timmy."
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awww what a lovely thread. slight_smile
Message 10 of 22