cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Phone usage in Spain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My daughter is studying in Spain for a year and has a 02 phone contract for the UK.  Is it possible to suspend the contract? Or change the usage over as it is quite expensive to use this service in Spain?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94223 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 149763 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28524 Solutions
If still in contract your only option is to pay off the contract (or device if on refresh) and switch to a PAYG account to keep the number active.
You will still need to make a call every 6 months though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 126233 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

To be honest @Anonymous if the phone is unlocked, your daughter would be better getting a local Spanish sim and using one of their networks. Much much cheaper....

(If the phone is not unlocked then my advice would be to buy a cheap phone over there with a spanish sim)

My friends who live in Spain and travel to the UK often have two phones on the go....they save a lot of money that way

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 149763 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28524 Solutions
Or just get her phone unlocked if needed
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 94223 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice. I think this maybe the only option.  

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update.  Are phones still locked to networks? Or is this just older models?

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I will look at that as an option.

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 149763 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28524 Solutions
All O2 phones are usually locked at the moment although this may change in the future.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I think this is the main problem the roaming charges.  Will try this out.

Message 10 of 14