cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Phone usage in Spain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My daughter is studying in Spain for a year and has a 02 phone contract for the UK.  Is it possible to suspend the contract? Or change the usage over as it is quite expensive to use this service in Spain?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok my phone from 02 wasn't locked but I bought this from Carphone Warehouse rather than direct from 02.  We will get another sim card and give it a try.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149763 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28524 Solutions
Carphone Warehouse phones are always unlocked (except iPhones).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you worth knowing.  My phone was a Samsung so that makes sense.

Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94223 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

O2 now lock all their supplied phones. A few years back only P&G were locked. There is no need to lock a contract phone, people are committed to a 2 year contract unless they pay off the device. Having paid off the phone then it's theirs and O2 have to legally unlock it. I'm hoping this changes when Three take over.

Message 14 of 14