O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Community Ideas

alexa skill for TU go

by choppl on ‎09-02-2017 13:22

Hi 

I am a long standard o2 customer and have just discovered TU go. Very cool how it works.

As it is completely web based I am wondering whether it would be possible to create an amazon alexa skill which links to our account?

Everything is online, including contacts (which allows it to work with any browser). I think it would be cool to be able to send quick messages or even make a quick call using the echo and it seems a service such as TU go is tailor made for it.

I have looked into IFTTT but support seems to have dried up.

Just a post to gage interest really and to ask whether there is anything in the pipeline

cheers

Comments
by MI5
on ‎09-02-2017 13:28
I agree. It would be good to allow integration with other convenience devices.
by Cleoriff
on ‎09-02-2017 13:37

Good idea @choppl

by jonsie
on ‎09-02-2017 17:26

One for them to look at but I'm guessing what the answer will be...

by Wa10
on ‎11-09-2017 13:36

Just adding some further weight to this idea, as a recent Echo convert this would be a fantastic skill!

I know that in the US they have options for direct calling and SMS, however it would be better from my perspective if I could sent messages etc. from my existing O2 number. 

Ok, fair enough it's probably the ultimate laziness, however when you're running late and have just jumped out of the shower it would be handy to be able to ask Alexa to send a quick message updating whoever you are supposed to be meeting.