O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Community Ideas

O2 Chat transcripts should be available on myO2 (app or website)

by pgn ‎12-08-2017 15:34 - edited ‎12-08-2017 15:35

I have had occasion to use the O2 "Contact Us" and the O2 Social Media Chat tools a few times recently (along with invaluable support from the O2 Community here, as well as the odd chat or interaction with the O2 Phone support system, both machine and human, on 202 or 0344 8090202).

One thing that I have noticed is that the option to e-mail a chat transcript at the end of a chat does not always work - yet it is clear that O2 have access to transcripts of these calls, judging by a response I received to an official complaint I made recently via one of the avenues mentioned in the O2 "make a complaint" link.

My idea: Make the Chat transcript between a customer and O2 Customer Support available on the O2 website in the customer's O2 account.

I have transcripts going back several years, buried in my mailbox - but there are also ones I have no record of, because the transcript failed to get to me.

20**Personal info** 15_28_29-O2 _ Contact Us _ Help, Support and Useful Numbers.png

I know that calls to the phone advisors via 202 are also recorded, and whilst it would be nice to get access to these call logs on the website, I am not sure if O2 would stretch to releasing their recordings ("may be used for training purposes") or a text-to-speech transcript thereof.

However, it would be nice to be able to see all the transcripts of your support calls in a section on MyO2, if only to fill the gap when the Chat session ends prematurely or the system responds with "system busy" when you key-in the e-mail address for the chat transcript at the end of the chat - and the chat transcript disappears into that big Internet BitBucket in the sky...

• Would this be something others would find of value?

Go on - leave a bit of feedback, you know you want to - and you'll always be able to get to what you wrote here on the O2 Community! Feedback

Comments
by MI5
on ‎12-08-2017 15:53
Yes, I think that's a good idea.
by Beenherebefore
on ‎12-08-2017 15:56

Probably access to Live Chat would need to be built into MyO2.....which wouldn't be a bad thing.

by lovemyphone
on ‎12-08-2017 16:34

A very good idea @pgn

by jonsie
on ‎12-08-2017 16:43

Great idea @pgn and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.... but I'm not too confident O2 will go for making some of the very dodgy chats available after they have reviewed them. 

by lovemyphone
on ‎12-08-2017 16:44

Probably to cover their advisors giving inaccurate information 

by Cleoriff
on ‎12-08-2017 18:37

Excellent idea @pgn I fully support this. I wonder if O2 will think it's feasible though..?

by Community Manager
on ‎16-08-2017 15:21

Love this idea @pgn How would you see it working. Would you just enter your number during a chat or would the chat be loaded to your My O2 automatically provided you were signed in during the chat? 

by jonsie
on ‎16-08-2017 15:25

O2 already have your number as it's the first thing you need to enter when you begin the chat. 

by Community Manager
on ‎16-08-2017 15:30

Got thanks for the clarification @jonsie. Never used the O2 chat myself! 

by Cleoriff
on ‎16-08-2017 18:23

@jonsie said

O2 already have your number as it's the first thing you need to enter when you begin the chat. 

Quite correct that man....Smiley Very Happy