O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Community Ideas

Discounts for forum members.

by MI5 on ‎06-09-2017 10:51

In addition to the regular O2 contract discount schemes https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...

how about a discount code specifically for forum members based of contributions to the forum?

Not only would this encourage more forum members to join, but would also encourage them to stay and in return, have a discount off their contracts.

A sliding scale could be applied similar to the Family Plan discounts:

Additional connectionDiscount
First20% off the Airtime Plan
Second30% off the Airtime Plan
Third40% off the Airtime Plan
Fourth to twentieth50% off the Airtime Plan/s

replacing the additional connections with either forum posts or ranks or some other cleaverly devised scoring system.

i.e.

Forum PostsDiscount
500020% off the Airtime Plan
1000030% off the Airtime Plan
3000040% off the Airtime Plan
5000050% off the Airtime Plan/s
Comments
by Wa10
on ‎06-09-2017 11:06

Nice idea @MI5. I do think that regular forum contributors, who add a lot of value and also lift some of the burden from CS should be recognised and rewarded in a greater way than the existing monthly rewards.

Personally it wouldn't benefit me as I already qualify for staff and family plan discounts on my connections (and I wouldn't necessarily expect it to, given I do spend time contributing when in work, therefore I'm already being paid/rewarded for that time) however it would seem a very fair way of offering that recognition and scalable to reflect the considerable time and effort put in my some members in particular.

Not sure on the proposed thresholds however, as it takes an awful lot of time to get to 5000 genuine and meaningful posts, and I suspect that such high thresholds would probably encourage spam? 500 meaningful, helpful posts are of much greater value to the community and indeed to O2 than 5000 fillers designed to extract the discount. 

I used to manage the community for a former employer, and we implemented a "Free Delivery" scheme for regular forum contributors, as well as regular competitions and promotions offering discounts off products etc. 

Cracking idea, thanks for sharing it. Smiley Happy

by Beenherebefore
on ‎06-09-2017 11:17

Provided there was no secret algorithm known only to a few and the qualification process was fully transparent, I can see it as a plus point for O2.

Certainly a better option than the current monthly rewards system.

by MI5
on ‎06-09-2017 11:19
I agree entirely on the issue of "filler" posts, so that is something that would have to be worked out. Maybe a post only counts if it receives Kudos or base it on the number of solutions awarded? The ranking is something that needs to be worked on for sure and I just threw those figures out as an idea..... Hopefully it's not going to be too difficult to administer Smiley Wink
by jonsie
‎06-09-2017 11:40 - edited ‎06-09-2017 11:42

It's certainly an interesting idea though it would be depend on exactly how this was implemented.

Filler posts are used by most so who is to decide what is filler or not. We all can but can admin?

What is the qualifying criteria. If this is like the lame brained idea of the car draw by using My O2 enjoyed exclusively by Refresh customers then no thanks.

Many regulars are sim only, do they qualify for a discount off airtime? And what about those on payandgo? How can it be made fair for ALL community members?

I'm doubtful that this could be done to be honest. But it's impossible to please everyone.

Interesting so though I'm doubtful I will add a kudos because it merits consideration.

As I can't get family & friends, O2 open and don't know anyone who can apply their staff discount to my account, then it would be good to find something I can actually benefit from. Plus points for staying with O2 are difficult to find for my personal circumstances. 

by MI5
on ‎06-09-2017 11:47
I consider sim only as an airtime only contract so that would certainly be included in my intentions. PAYG, if I'm honest, I hadn't considered in the equation, but agree that they should be included too. Needs mapping out with thought to all interested parties but as the idea is out there, others can add to how they think it be developed Smiley Happy
by
on ‎06-09-2017 12:13

I really like your idea thumbsup

by PhoneChanger
on ‎06-09-2017 12:14

Definately a good idea, but there would need to be a filter just to stop the ramdom posts we get now where people will just type "agreed" or provide the same answer to the post. But with some work, indeed it certainly could be a good draw.

by viridis
on ‎06-09-2017 12:24
Agreed.
by MI5
on ‎06-09-2017 12:30
*Sniggers*
by jonsie
on ‎06-09-2017 12:36
Spoiler
Zipped
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count