Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idata

PolCon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We currently have 5 mobile phone with 02 and we recently received our monthly bill.  For one of our phones there is a large 15gb idata usage for which we have been charged £273.32. I have contacted 02 customer services but they have been unable to shed any light on how this data was used.  This handset belongs to one of our directors and who was in our office on the date this data was used, connected to our company Wi-Fi and with mobile data switched off.  I tried emailing idata.o2.co.uk but outlook doesn't recognise this email address.  Is there anyway of finding out how this large amount of data was used? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 can only tell you when it was used, and not on what.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

That address is an apn to access your internet via mobile data not an email address

Message 3 of 8

itsmesilly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so logged onto o2 just to see i have a bill for £47.00 now as i am a pay monthly at £11 per month i wondered why the bill so high.turns out my number has been sold to a third party who now charge £1.25 per message to my phone,i never asked for this nor want it.as o2 has aloud this to happen i hold them fully responsable.i will snap the sim card and look forward to the court battle.i am unemployed and on sick pay of £65 per week so no chance of getting money out of me.when i enquired about this i was offered £10 towards the total bill.as this is o2 fault for allowing this they are fully accountable.Remember you cant get blood from a stone.good luck o2

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itsmesilly Take a look at this link 

If you do not call o2 & speak to the payment team then they will bar your phone & restrict your service & put a default on your credit scores which will stay for 6 years 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Not sure what you mean but I think you have fallen for some scam texts
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

itsmesilly
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

like all big companys full of jargon rubbish hidding behind big words and frases at 60 yrs old they can tarnish my credit and as i have no debt or will ever have any i look forward to the court appearence where they will still get nothing from me but abuse,these scams are aloud to happen because o2 makes money from them as well.

i may add i have had a mob for as many yrs as tele funka has been around.so they can do what they want cancle me tarnish me whatever.same ending.they get nothing head to EE where happy ppl are.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will be the one that comes off worse in this I’m afraid & this happens on all networks including EE & if you are so intent on moving then I suggest you try out a few pay as you go sims to see which networks give you the best signal coverage as their is no point in moving if you don’t get signal
Message 8 of 8