Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWatch5 on Business Accounts

dfte
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a SIM only business account with O2 for several years - I've now bought a cellular iWatch5, but it seems I cannot connect it to my phone contract? I was just told blankly by O2 shop that business accounts don't support iWatch, and there are no plans to do anything about this. If this is true, why isn't it made clear on the website - on the iWatch page it simply says, "If you already have an O2 Pay Monthly contract, and you already own an Apple Watch, you can set up mobile data via the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.". Beware - if you have a business account you CAN'T.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@dfte 

Agree that it isn't made clear in general but was mentioned in the announcement on the forum https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-Watch-launches-on-O2/m-p/1231729#M31032

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@dfte 

Agree that it isn't made clear in general but was mentioned in the announcement on the forum https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-Watch-launches-on-O2/m-p/1231729#M31032

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

dfte
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for pointing me to that thread - it doesn't make me any happier, but good to know that others are in the same position. Realistically, when is this esim technology or whatever going to be available to small business customers? This year, next year, never??

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not until O2 upgrade their business platform, so my guess is as good as yours.......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4