Did you mean: 

iWatch - Dual SIM - Business + Personal

iammac2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Community,

Hello I am an existing O2 business account holder. I am considering an iWatch.

I understand that O2 do not support iWatch for business. I have read it is possible to dual SIM my iPhone - one physical slot and one eSIM. My question is if I use this Dual SIM facility (physical SIM + eSIM) on my iPhone 12 Pro to add a new second plan (a new number) which will be an O2 Personal plan via eSIM, then will this work ok with iWatch? I would therefore have two plans associated with my iPhone, a Business one and a Personal one. The iWatch would use the new Personal eSIM plan to sync, while the Business plan continues as normal on my iPhone. Is this possible or have I misunderstood the eSIM functionality on my iPhone?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iammac2 

Yes, that will work fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iammac2 

Yes, that will work fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

iammac2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 for the fast reply. I will look to proceed on this basis.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome @iammac2 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

iammac2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry @MI5 but I thought of another scenario - you might know the answer.

The network signal for my O2 business number works well where I work from. For the eSIM Personal number I'm thinking that when at home the EE is actually a better quality of service. Wondering if I can mix the networks like that, and if so does that config impact use of iWatch synced to the Personal number? 🤔

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iammac2 

An O2 Apple watch won't be able to sync with an EE contract so in order to use an EE contract you'd need to get the watch from EE or directly from Apple, but apart from that, yes, you can mix networks provided the watch is compatible with the chosen network.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

iammac2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks loads @MI5 - you are an asset to this community. The networks don't seem to know the answers.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@iammac2 

You're welcome mate

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8