Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Business Customers

Level 7: Part Timer

Re: broken phone

That’s very well said,cause now o2 has you paying for the phone over 3 years.so then basically a phone lacks in the second year,your still paying cause it’s over 3 years and o2 says ah well tough luck.I think all this behaviour with warranty needs addressed cause phone contracts are 24 to 36 months.And I am correct in saying people would be upset it they where paying for a broken fone.
Topics: 568
Solutions: 15,369

If that's a concern you need to take insurance out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 139
Solutions: 86

@Charlieboyoo wrote:
That’s very well said,cause now o2 has you paying for the phone over 3 years.so then basically a phone lacks in the second year,your still paying cause it’s over 3 years and o2 says ah well tough luck.I think all this behaviour with warranty needs addressed cause phone contracts are 24 to 36 months.And I am correct in saying people would be upset it they where paying for a broken fone.

A concern I had at last renewal, 24 mths warranty on a 3yr contract. 

I found a much better deal, with a higher spec phone, more data, same network, over 2 years as a result of that realization, @Charlieboyoo.

Yes, insurance is your only recourse in Year 3, as @MI5  pointed out. 

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Level 7: Part Timer

The thing is the insurance is costly and you can get a phone on a 2 year deal for the same or less money.