broken phone

mepedro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Can someone help please.
I have an iphone x.
The face recognition is no longer working, and I have been told by Apple tech the phone isnt repairable.
The phone is 18mths old been well looked after and is in pristine condition.
Both Apple, And O2, are refusing to help, Because the phone is out of warrenty.
Do I have any rights to have the phone replaced. Or have I wasted £1000.
Thanks for any help provided.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
That’s very well said,cause now o2 has you paying for the phone over 3 years.so then basically a phone lacks in the second year,your still paying cause it’s over 3 years and o2 says ah well tough luck.I think all this behaviour with warranty needs addressed cause phone contracts are 24 to 36 months.And I am correct in saying people would be upset it they where paying for a broken fone.
Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If that's a concern you need to take insurance out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo wrote:
That’s very well said,cause now o2 has you paying for the phone over 3 years.so then basically a phone lacks in the second year,your still paying cause it’s over 3 years and o2 says ah well tough luck.I think all this behaviour with warranty needs addressed cause phone contracts are 24 to 36 months.And I am correct in saying people would be upset it they where paying for a broken fone.

A concern I had at last renewal, 24 mths warranty on a 3yr contract. 

I found a much better deal, with a higher spec phone, more data, same network, over 2 years as a result of that realization, @Charlieboyoo.

Yes, insurance is your only recourse in Year 3, as @MI5  pointed out. 

Message 13 of 14

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
The thing is the insurance is costly and you can get a phone on a 2 year deal for the same or less money.
Message 14 of 14