Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted premium text messages

SV2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am desperately trying to cancel a premium text message on 85222... I have tried several times to send STOP as per instructions... message always fails... I have also filled a form on their website to unsubscribe and cancel. Have no recollection of signing up for this
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

SV2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am desperately trying to cancel a premium text message on 85222... I have tried several times to send STOP as per instructions... message always fails... I have also filled a form on their website to unsubscribe and cancel. Have no recollection of signing up for this
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@SV2 

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

and

www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@SV2 wrote:

@SV2 several "services" share shortcode 85222. You don't say which one you allegedly "subscribed" to. Make sure you don't have a Premium Rate bar on your phone. This will prevent you sending the STOP text. The instructions should provide a number you can call (during wrking hours) for customer service. Call the number and ask them to unsubscribe you. Ask them to provide proof that you entered into a contract with them. Don't accept vague statements that you must have clicked on something. You need specific proof. Failing that, insist on a FULL refund. More information here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/o2-payforit-faq/ .

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 4 of 4