Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from business to personal account

Change_accounts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Business has recently ceased trading and would like to transfer my business account to a personal account - can this be done?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Change_accounts 

You'll need to call business CS on 8002

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

O2Lauren
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Change_accounts,

Yes, it can be done. If your business contract has reached the end term then you need to take out a new consumer contract which you will get a temporary number with. Contact customer services and explain that you want to transfer your business number to your new consumer contract and they will ask for your current number and the new temporary number. Once the number has been moved over (normally 24hrs) then your business contract will terminate.

Thanks

signature
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2Adnan
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

certainly can be done

if you are out of contract, it is as simple as setting up a new consumer line with a new number and then arranging to have your mobile number transferred from the business line by calling our customer services team

if you are still in contract on your business line , you can still do it but you may incur termination charges

you can ring 8002 from your business mobile to get advice on any potential charges and further information on how to move over to consumer

signature
Message 5 of 6

Change_accounts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was just checking as O2 CS is on lockdown and accepting urgent calls only

Message 6 of 6