cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination fees to move from O2 Business to O2 Consumer/Personal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I wanted to switch my O2 Business account, to a O2 Consumer/Personal account, as I was closing my business. I wanted to keep the handset and keep the accoount in my name.

However, I've been told that I have to pay a Termination fee (£549) to do so. I would understand if I was penalised for breaking the Bussiness contract to leave 02, but I'm just moving from one O2 account to another O2 account; so seems harsh.

Yes I can transfer 'ownership' of the phone, but I have worked this out and does not make it cheaper in the long run.

Is there another way to to do this without having to pay the Termination fees, or at least a lesser amount? I thought (wrongly) that if I was staying with the same company, then there would be less/no penalty. Am I niave to think that being with the same company all this time (years) amounts to nothing?

Now I am considering leaving 02. Surely the cost of getting a new customer is more than keeping an existing customer.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts / ideas on this.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just leave your business account in place until you can upgrade then cancel it then and switch to a consumer tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just leave your business account in place until you can upgrade then cancel it then and switch to a consumer tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no loyalty these days. All customers are treated the same

Message 3 of 5

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

All customers are treated the same

But we all know that is not the case........don't we ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

True but that Is the common denominator that loyalty is none

Message 5 of 5