Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend Cap change involves a manual phone call?- hard to believe in 2020

BusiGuy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Accidentally hit my Spend Cap (overseas call) and went to 'Myo2 Business' online to change...

... only to find (I believe) that any change requires a phone-call to a (no doubt over-stretched) call centre.

Don't understand - I clearly have to self-authenticate to access My o2 Business, I can change personal details about the main account... but cannot change Spend Cap??

No logic whatseover. PLEASE will someone at o2 add the facility to change the Spend Cap online, even if it involves an extra layer of authentication.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying.

As it happens it did not take much time to get through, and got a very helpful guy - so now done.

But this is utter madness (and I seldom use that word). Not wanting to get hysterical, but - in these times - imagine I got a call to say that a relative in Italy was on their deathbed?

It would be an out of allowance call (overseas) so if I found that I could not get through to o2 Customer Service to increase the Spend Cap, I would have to go running up and down the street to beg for someone else's mobile or land line in order to speak to the dying person concerned?? Seriously?

Or, less controversially, imagine it is more normal times, and I desperately need to contact an overseas hotel just before stepping on a plane to alert them to my change of arrival details?

Whichever level of management (o2 or IT contractor) is delaying implementing this facility needs a rocket under them. A Spend Cap is a great idea, but making it easy to implement by phone keyboard, but impossible to alter via asecure authenticated portal is bizarre.

And frankly the whole IMHO 'My o2 Business' thing is pretty unimpressive anyway - once you get past all the hyperbole, it looks like it was done by someone's brother-in-law down the road for a questionably over-generous sum no doubt.

Over and out.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I completely agree with everything you say. Needless especially the way things are and staffing levels making it almost impossible to get through to speak to someone.

Glad you got it sorted though.

Stay safe thumbsup

Message 4 of 7

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One more thing - not being lazy, did try to fathom out how to change Spend Cap myself first - this is what I got back from the abysmal Search facility:

SNAG-**Personal info**20 16.44.39.tif

Message 5 of 7

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, do try to only Rant for things that are truly important even after considered reflection...

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions