Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPEND CAPS ON BUSINESS PHONES

20years
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been with O2 for around 20 years, for the first time had a member of staff using massess of data and ignoring the messages. Result - huge bills for the company. Naturally i look for a solution  to prevent this in the future and i find spend caps, only to be told that becasue we signed again before Oct 2018 we can't have it.

I get really frustrated at the "new customer only" scenario, anyone else suffer from this?

Needless to say we will look at alternative when the renewal comes around.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Spend caps are a relatively new introduction on O2 compared to other providers and you need to be on certain tariffs with new phones. This is appalling and is time that they introduced this for all existing customers. No one wants a big unexpected bill whether consumer or businesses. There is nothing stopping them doing this as far as I'm aware. Except profit...

Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@20years  Totally agree with @jonsie, but just don't post here about it. We are all customers. Speak to customer service again, and express your displeasure with the policy. We aren't allowed to give out company addresses, but you should Google the email and physical address of O2's CEO and let him know you're unhappy too. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

20years
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino - I've expressed strongly to the O2 partner supplier and have emailed O2 directly but no answer as yet. Their two chat lines i tried got me nowhere and actually ringing customer service on 8002 from my O2 phone - got cut off!!

Not a happy customer.

Message 4 of 8

20years
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agree @jonsie - any business can have an unhappy member of staff that can ignore the 80% and 100% data usage text warnings and run up huge bills before they leave. They can download 24/7 if they want and we don't find out until the monthly bill arrives.

O2 then hide behind "we sent the warning texts" and we end up paying £100's.

You are correct, then can do this but they simply want the profits.

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Forget live chat @20years . They will be as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle for this. I personally would go through the complaints route

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use the Resolver link within that site too for a faster response

Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @20years, and welcome to the community Wave

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent bills, but thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which I will definitely pass on to the relevant teams slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

20years
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT thanks, could you please advise who the relevant teams are that you will be passing on to?

Message 8 of 8