Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: signal issue

MelissaIreally
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm really hoping that someone on here can help. I have an iphone 7, for which I'm now out of contract on 02. I recently moved to Cuckfield and now have no signal or 1 bar, I had fibre installed hoping that I would just be able to make WIFI calls, but unfortunately the calls drop out (Sky customer). I have checked other networks, but they are all giving the same USELESS signal. I run my business from home. I am aware that 02 offer a signal booster as a business account holder, but I'm not even sure if they wotk. Does anyone have any ideas...???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
WiFi calling should work ok for you. What speeds are you getting off Sky?
Boostboxes do work but if your fibre is rubbish it won't be any help to you at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

MelissaIreally
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Around 60 download and 40 upload, the problem isn't the speed, it just seems to drop out all the time. The calls are not consistent, sometimes they work fine, other times not. I use Skype, Whatsapp and other apps as I call internationally. I spoke to someone at the carphone warehouse and they said that the cables connecting from the BT broadband local box to my home maybe very old, hence why it's dropping out. I just don't know, it's been so frustrating as I work in recruitment internationally, or at least I'm trying to.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well you need to get the fibre issue sorted first before looking at your mobile solutions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4