Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal to Business Account Retaining Number Online

Tullochard
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Because of Avios Point benefits of Creating a New Business Account online I would like to find a way of transferring my Personal O2 number to my new Business Account.

I contacted online support, and they told me that the only way to do this was via a Transfer of Ownership form. If my understanding is correct, this would result in a new Business account being set up for me - which would mean no Avios bonus for me.

So, I'm trying to think of a way around this.

Could I open a new Business account, get new phone and number. Then close my Personal account, and then transfer my number to my Business Account phone?

My understanding is that a Pac code is used to transfer your number across Networks, but in this case I want to remain with O2.

So how can it be done?

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Tullochard you are perfectly entitled to open a new business account and transfer your personal number to it, however, this would end your personal account and generate a final bill with any applicable termination charges applied to it. 

There is no need for a PAC to do this as it can be done internally on O2's system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Tullochard If you close your personal account you will have to pay for any remaining months on your contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Tullochard you are perfectly entitled to open a new business account and transfer your personal number to it, however, this would end your personal account and generate a final bill with any applicable termination charges applied to it. 

There is no need for a PAC to do this as it can be done internally on O2's system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Tullochard
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply.

This is not a problem. My 24 month contract ended about 3 months ago, and I've just been waiting for the new Galaxy S10 to be released.
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Tullochard Then all you have to do is give 30 days notice to cancel your current contract and you're good to go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Tullochard
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. I'm hoping this would be the case.

However I'm not sure why support didn't say this to me in the first place.

I often find that with support, you need to talk to several of them before you gather all the facts and know exactly what you can really do.

BTW, my personal contract is already expired.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just don't close your personal account before getting the new one or you will lose your number.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7