Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2

William1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been a o2 customer for years now, my daughter got to the age where I thought she should have her own phone. I went into a store asked for a sim only contact as I was on lunch break for work and was kind of in the rush, I told the guy the guy in store what I was looking for and was for my 10 year child and he said the best deal to get with 10gb data was a business account so I took it went back to work. First couple months was ok with the bills etc then a bill of 78 pounds came in and I was not happy wanted to stop using the sim but as I rang o2 was told it was a 12 month contract which I didn’t ask for and so I asked if she goes over the data to cap it stop it working which I was told you can’t do? Why do you get lots of money from over charging for data usage!! Now just got another bill for 228 pounds which I won’t be paying! O2 is a rip off and I will be cancelling my main contract which I’ve had over ten years with o2. I would not advice anyone to get a business contract charges are a joke. Greed!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Why on earth would you agree to a business contract for a 10 year old?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

You should never have been sold a business contract. On a normal consumer contact data just stops once your allowance is used. Make a complaint but if you don't pay the bill you are going to have debt collectors knocking and your non payment will show as a default on your credit file and will stay on there for 6 years. O2 will just sell your debt on. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 9

William1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I understand now I was wrong aswel as I said I was in a rush and was just before Christmas, the store was busy and was advised to get that contract as it was cheapest way to get 10gb. Wasn’t advised about the 12 month contract and charges etc.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Expensive lesson learned then I guess.
A complaint may see the contract cancelled on the basis of mis selling but it’s a long shot.
You’ll have to monitor usage through the business MyO2 pages and ensure limits are not exceeded.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

The question you should be asking @William1 is why is an O2 employee SELLING you a business contract for a ten year old? That's outrageous! By all means complain, but I think the problem you may face is because you did this in store, the employee will most likely deny they ever suggested it. Might be difficult to prove. Please come back and let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @William1, sorry to hear about your experience and frustration with this. I'm going to drop you a PM (private message here on the forum) to see if we can help you out with this in any way on our end. Please do check when you get a moment!

Message 7 of 9

William1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello I have been trying to get in contact with o2 but can’t I want to upgrade my phone but the I phone xr 128gb but says it’s out of stock want to know how you know when they back in stock?
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122123 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Sorry @William1  we would have no idea at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9