Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Business… Apple Watch… a customer service enigma

Spiketrain2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’m hearing that although O2 provide official support for Apple Watch users, they actually don’t offer support for people who have digital SIM versions of the Apple Watch / but this enigma occurs only if you’re on O2 Business. If you have a standard domestic contract with O2, then everything works fine. Of course they don’t openly tell you this - so, after you buy the Watch, spend hours setting it up, read online on O2’s own websites about how much they support Apple Watch with SIM, you then discover that they actually don’t. 
Here’s how this is bad… 

1). business customers typically pay more than domestic because they need a more powerful and reliable service. So why turn off a useful technical feature on Business whilst supporting it fully for everyone else?

2). If there was a technical reason for this, surely you’d tell everyone this… rather than confusingly bury this strange quirk about a lack of service deep in ‘the matrix’ so that folk can waste money on a Watch whose features you can’t fully use and waste hours trying to make it work coz no one told you that you couldn’t. 
3). And again, if it were a technical reason for lack of compatibility, why not actually explain to customers why… and then fix it? There are simply NO reasons anywhere that I can find that explain this, so I feel confused that O2 can… and then they can’t… and there’s no one anywhere interested in providing an explanation. And also, how about a timeline for a fix? This has now dragged on for years. Is O2 just a small company without technical resources and without a customer service dept? NO! It’s an epically HUGE company - so this makes it worse.

In one para - basically a business user ostensibly pays more for less service and no one fixes it or bothers to explain why. 

It’s funny coz O2 badger me constantly with ‘offers’ that would wind up with me actually paying them more money for various things - but, should you want to contact THEM to get an answer… well, good luck!

All that’s left is to go onto a community group and rant! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6266 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Yep....and as we are all customers here all we can do is note. 

The mysterious ways of corporate giants are past finding out!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2