Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception at sporting events - EVER

Savo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For years now I haven't had connectivity to the internet when I've been at sporting events. Most of the time I can't even send a text message or make a call. I see others around me opening browsers, having WhatsApp conversations, etc. I as at a match yesterday and spoke to a guy next to me who was on his phone. He said he was with EE and it always worked fine. Even my daughter had full access to the internet when we were at the Commonwealth Games recently. She is with 3. Why is O2 so appalling ?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6258 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Twice as many subscribers as their competitors and often using less bandwidth per cell (especially 4G) = congestion.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Lack of investment in those areas and oversubscribed network.

Some networks even install temporary cells for major events to improve their reception.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Savo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah fair enough but it's all over the country not just one area that I have the problem.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6258 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Twice as many subscribers as their competitors and often using less bandwidth per cell (especially 4G) = congestion.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If you are having issues then you need to report it - and keep reporting it until something is done @Savo 

The "My Network" app in the guide below is the best bet.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Savo 

Lack of investment by the Football Grounds, Rugby Grounds etc, who all take a wedge of cash from EE to put up masts and microcells around the ground..  

Most of them have a one sponsor / supplier and the reason they choose EE is because of BT, who 99% of them get their WAN infrastructure from. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6