Did you mean: 

No monthly bill for my device plan

Bobthebuilder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I have bought a new iPhone 15 pro max for my business and will be putting the bills through my business as expenses for the taxman.

I get an airtime bill every month but i don't get a bill, receipt or invoice for the money that is taken from my business account by DD for the device.

I have been talking to customer service but it seems to be beyond their understanding. They keep directing me to the airtime bill or they refer to the device plan agreement which is not a monthly invoice.

If they are billing me every month then surely, legally, they must give me a monthly receipt, bill or invoice ?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bobthebuilder
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Pleased to say I am now receiving monthly VAT invoices for both device plan and airtime 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10287 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Bobthebuilder 

You can view all your bills in myo2... and you don't get a receipt for payments on the Device Plan as its a CCA. so there is no invoice.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Bobthebuilder 

You'll get a final settlement invoice at the end or when device plan is paid off.

Use this to claim the vat as a whole. It cannot be done monthly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 11

Bobthebuilder
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Apple sell the iPhone with VAT included, it is therefore recoverable through my business. If there is VAT payable on the full amount when the payments are complete then there must be a VAT element of the monthly payment. Any money that is paid on a monthly basis from my company, loans, credit, HP, gas, water, electricity etc should have a receipt, invoice or bill. 

I had a bounce back loan during covid because it was cheap money, i was always given a receipt and bill for that payment.

Message 4 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Perhaps because you have taken it out as a consumer and not as a business?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 11

Bobthebuilder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So having taken legal advice it appears I am entitled to a receipt for both airtime and device payments. Have discussed this with O2 advisor in chat and am informed I will receive an email with receipts for both after the monthly payment. 
We shall see. 

Message 6 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36478 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

I would not hold my breath, for either, tbh, @Bobthebuilder - did you read @MI5's response here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Business-Customers/No-monthly-bill-for-my-device-plan/m-p/1664612/high... ?

"Once the credit agreement is settled you will get a statement which lists the total amount paid, VAT breakdown and monthly payments received."

And fyi if you need these: https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-refresh-device-plan-cca-term-and-conditions

Message 7 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6793 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

The way I always worked in business  was to pay cash. I could then claim back VAT on the whole purchase but also agree a yearly depreciation figure on the device which I then claimed back each year on my returns

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
  • 6342 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Bobthebuilder 

Please let us know what transpires and whether the promised e-mail is received and meets your needs. 

Message 9 of 11

Bobthebuilder
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Pleased to say I am now receiving monthly VAT invoices for both device plan and airtime 

Message 10 of 11