Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data and calls aren’t working

Peter85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can’t call to find out the issue as I can’t make calls but I have no 4/5G and I can’t make calls. I have received calls but can’t make any. Is there an issue and can someone point me to an online chat function where an actual human can respond. All I get from the bot is that I need to call which clearly is the issue 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23777 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3760 Solutions

@Peter85 All methods to contact O2, including via chat and social media can be found here: 

How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 17

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 165 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Peter85 wrote:

I can’t call to find out the issue as I can’t make calls but I have no 4/5G and I can’t make calls.

Are you saying that you have 2G/3G coverage?

Message 3 of 17

TarantuLuke
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been having the same issues since friday no calls both ways, no texts, only HSPA, no 4G/5G

Message 4 of 17

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8387 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

TarantuLuke
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tips, i already tried most of them.

O2 is aware of the issues, so is the support team:

"We’re aware of an issue that may be affecting some customers. Our technical teams are investigating. We apologise for any inconvenience. Updates will be shared here as soon they are available. "

Message 6 of 17

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8387 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community @TarantuLuke so we cannot access your account or provide other direct help. If you have not heard further from O2 after a reasonable period of time, I suggest that you message O2 on social media for an update :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good reputation for solving problems. 👍

Message 7 of 17

TarantuLuke
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already talked to the guys yesterday, and today. The website says they are "aware of an issue that may be affecting some customers. Our technical teams are investigating". The support guy says something about a "mast issue", and asks me to be patient...

Message 8 of 17

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 165 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@TarantuLuke wrote:

The support guy says something about a "mast issue", and asks me to be patient...

That sounds awfully like a blag to me. Vague statements & references to "mast issues" should ring alarm bells.

Radio sites provide radio coverage, they don't handle call routing. That's managed by the central network, not individual "masts"

Message 9 of 17

TarantuLuke
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1000012130.jpg

1000012131.jpg

 That's all I know so far, 3 days no calls in and out, no texts in or out, no 4G or 5G, even if I get to connect it's only HSPA/HSPA+

Message 10 of 17