cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola E5 Play - need to reset the pin without knowing the pin!

KFrize
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I recently bought a Motorola E5 Play for one of my employees and I wasn't there when she set it up and put her own pin number in it. She left quite abruptly and the pin code she gave to my staff to access the phone is incorrect. We've tried resetting it by following the instructions here https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37950 but once you've done that it still wants you to put the pin number in! The only other way to gain access is by using a google account, but again - I wasn't there when she set the phone up and I don't believe she's setup a google account which is associated with the phone. 

So, how do we completely factory reset the phone to remove the pin code so we can now use it with a different employee? It's a brand new phone - this lady was only with us for a week and barely used it. There must be some way for me to completely format the phone and wipe the pin so we can use it. The ladies in the office have been struggling to fix it for a week as I am based in another city, but I am going down today so I'd love to resolve this for them quickly so the other employee who needs a phone can now have one.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144090 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
A phone shop is the only way likely without the correct details.
They are designed to prevent this kind of thing happening if stolen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144090 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
A phone shop is the only way likely without the correct details.
They are designed to prevent this kind of thing happening if stolen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

KFrize
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! I took it in and they've had to send it off for "repair" in order for me to gain access. Very frustrating but hopefully will have the phone back in a few days.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144090 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4