Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone

NATHANININDIA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've lost my company phone and I'm in india with no phone and no way of contacting the main account holder. How do i block my phone.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @NATHANININDIA

Please see the information contained here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

The loss needs to be reported within 24 hours to ensure you, or in this case your company, is only liable for any calls made up to the loss being reported to a maximum of £100. O2 will block the phone once the loss is reported.

If you have no other phone then I would ask at your hotel if you can use one of the hotel's phones to report the loss. The phone number in the guide is a Freefone number which you can explain to the hotel to alleviate their concerns for a huge telephone bill.

As far as I know, only O2 can block the phone.

The very best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @NATHANININDIA

Please see the information contained here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

The loss needs to be reported within 24 hours to ensure you, or in this case your company, is only liable for any calls made up to the loss being reported to a maximum of £100. O2 will block the phone once the loss is reported.

If you have no other phone then I would ask at your hotel if you can use one of the hotel's phones to report the loss. The phone number in the guide is a Freefone number which you can explain to the hotel to alleviate their concerns for a huge telephone bill.

As far as I know, only O2 can block the phone.

The very best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NATHANININDIA as you have access to here you can use the live chat option to report the loss but make sure you get a reference number. 

I would also add that phone calls to the numbers listed in the link are only free from another O2 mobile so won't be free if calling from the hotel.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of course... all supposing Live Chat wake up and start responding! They appear to have gone into hibernation over the past two weeks!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@NATHANININDIA You can call customer service for free from any phone or by using Skype on +44 800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5