Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Business phone number as personal

Ally25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I wonder if anyone can advise me on the below.

I used to have a business phone number. I'm no longer associated with this company but I do keep the number. I've been recently cut off but it's vital that I maintain the same mobile number. I've tried calling O2 Business Customers service but they won't talk to me because I don't pass their security questions. Their only advice is to contact the company and get the answers to the security questions or have the company manager contact them. It's not possible. What do I do?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Ally25 

It's going to be difficult now without the security answers.

Are you now on a personal contract?

If so, you could try resetting the security questions in your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Ally25
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, now I'm without any service. Just cut off. Can't access anything, not even MyO2. 

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Ally25 Who was paying the bill for the number? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Ally25
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The company

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Ally25 

I think you'll have to talk with whoever administers the phones for your company.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Ally25 If the company was paying the bill then it was never your number. If you were using the number both for business and personal calls and texts, I have a feeling that you're likely to be out of luck trying to keep the number. If, as you said, you can't contact your former employer, there probably isn't a lot you can do about this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Your previous employer is the only one who can transfer the number too you, as the number belongs to them and depending on the size of the enterprise the number goes back into there pool for recycling this can be as quick as 24hrs later.

Id send an email to the companies hr team, and let them progress it internally, if they cant im afraid the number is gone..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8