Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my old number

Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening;

Last week I called talk talk to have other offer for sim card than they branched  me with o2 staff and I take new sim card than I received it last Saturday when I activate this sim card I found it with other number and my old sim card which is with talk talk still  working,  I called  talk talk staff  and they advise  me to contact you  and tel you that the Pac I have a Pac code and I want to keep my old number.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@123

All you need to know about keeping your number is here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Switching from another network to O2

Requesting a switch

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC. This is a code made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. Let us know your PAC when you place your order.

Once you've ordered and received your temporary O2 number, fill in the keep my number form. Your temporary number can be found in your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. You'll also need the number you want to keep.

Forms sent by 5:30pm will be completed the next working day. Forms sent after 5:30pm will be completed within two working days. You'll receive two text messages, one to confirm the date of your switch and one to remind you on the day.

Make sure you save the contacts on your sim before the switch. If you need help saving or restoring contacts from a sim, you can book an appointment with an O2 Guru.

On the day of the switch

You'll need to be in the UK when your number switches.

On the day of the switch, your current sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your new O2 sim in your phone. If you don't have an O2 signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@123

All you need to know about keeping your number is here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Switching from another network to O2

Requesting a switch

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC. This is a code made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. Let us know your PAC when you place your order.

Once you've ordered and received your temporary O2 number, fill in the keep my number form. Your temporary number can be found in your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. You'll also need the number you want to keep.

Forms sent by 5:30pm will be completed the next working day. Forms sent after 5:30pm will be completed within two working days. You'll receive two text messages, one to confirm the date of your switch and one to remind you on the day.

Make sure you save the contacts on your sim before the switch. If you need help saving or restoring contacts from a sim, you can book an appointment with an O2 Guru.

On the day of the switch

You'll need to be in the UK when your number switches.

On the day of the switch, your current sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your new O2 sim in your phone. If you don't have an O2 signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@123

Must mention here that you are NOT talking to O2 customer services. This is a community forum made up of members like yourself.

If you have any issues then please contact customer services here

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @123 and welcome to the forum Wave I hope the information @Cleoriff shared above helps you sort out your number but please do let us know how you're getting on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Keepmynumber
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I filled out a keep my number form when I bought my new phone with O2. I was already with O2, just got a new phone. It hasn't switched back to my old number yet and I tried calling to find out, but only got an automated system.
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Keepmynumber 

Just call O2 and ask them to migrate your number across. All numbers to call in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

• 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I filled In an o2 form requesting to keep my old number... but each time I submitted it says ‘notes were not sufficient’ can anyone help as I’ve wrote what needs to be written but it hasn’t got accepted.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It may be better to call @2406 

Numbers here

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 4445, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

Message 8 of 8