Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive travel zone data cap

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have the inclusive travel zone bolt on with my SIM only deal at no cost, but after arriving in the USA my data has stopped after using only 50Mb and I have received a text saying I have reached my limit and I need to increase my monthly limit to £120
I called CS and they have told me that 50 MB is the limit under the fair use policy, not happy and now 2 days with no data was wondering if anyone else has had this problem
Still getting my 120 mins of calls a day and texts which appear to be without extra charges
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've had an update on this one which has been posted here. Any new updates will be posted there so please keep an eye on that thread for further news.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Martin 

There is no cap on data https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data,  when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included.             

FUP here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Martin
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, might try CS again, but its a weekend and with the time difference not easy,
Was hoping someone else had experienced this as 50 Mb is not exactly a fair use policy
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin wrote:
Thanks, might try CS again, but its a weekend and with the time difference not easy,
Was hoping someone else had experienced this as 50 Mb is not exactly a fair use policy

It's also totally wrong if you have the O2 Travel INCLUSIVE bolt on as shown above. This is what you need to tell customer services if you manage to ring them again @Martin

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Martin
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Called CS again and spoke to someone who new the problem straight away.
Apparently the account was not set for roaming even though the bolt on was there. 2 minutes and sorted. Now getting great coverage and 4g free
Happy now
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Told you it was wrong wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MartinPleased you are sorted now. It helps when you get a CS advisor who knows what they are talking about....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Martin
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update
Not sorted, no data again after receiving a text saying I have reached my 200Mb limit.
Unable to do anything due to the time difference so will have to call yet again tomorrow,
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MartinThis is absolutely ridiculous and frustrating for you. If you have the O2 Travel Inclusive bolt on there is NO cap on data as stated on their own info page https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

Why people are constantly having to call O2 when they are meant to be enjoying a holiday abroad is outrageous. Best of luck with this and let us know how how get on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Martin
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Called CS 3 times this morning
My wife has now cancelled her contract due to this
No one has a clue what to do
CS have admitted they have no idea how much data we are using and unable to resolve this as its new and has teething problems. We have been in the USA 5 days and my phone shows I have used 210 Mb of mobile data in this period.
The last advisor told me I should get 200Mb of data per day then the speed is throttled so impied I am using this everyday.
They don't seem to believe I am not and as they can't see what I am using we are stalemate.
Also been told the 200Mb limit should refresh each day but still no data today after it went off yesterday.
Advice to anyone travelling take a three payg SIM as back up as this is just @#£&
Message 10 of 12