Did you mean: 

IPhone Facetime Audio calls to international iPhone

krish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have called to one of my frined using my iPhone facetime video call to USA using my Wifi Network

When I have checked O2 charged me for the call on International Call rate. I have complained but the they are saying Facetime Audio calls to International numbers will not be covered in network. Only within UK Facetime audio calls are covered 

I belive every iPhone using Wifi network favetime audio/video calls are free. But O2 are saying because of this is internal facetime audio call, they charge and billed for £243 for call to USA.

I was mentioned I have not dialled directly but used the facetime call button.

Any advise how to prove O2 has incorrectly cahrged me for the call throught internet connection.

thanks in advance

Krish

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@krish facetime only works over data so it's impossible to be charged for a telephone call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

krish
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks @MI5 

They are saying we can see you have called directly as per the itemised bill and unable to refund money charged.

REPLY FROM THEM###

Our Final Position

Sometimes things just don’t work out the way we hoped. I’m sorry we’ve been unable to reach an agreement

in order to resolve your complaint. As we’ve now exhausted our internal complaints process, we’re in a

situation of “deadlock”.

You’d like to receive a refund for the amount billed for calling overseas as you feel that you were using

internet services at the time.

Firstly, I’m sorry that you’ve had a reason to raise a complaint, I understand how disappointing this may be.

I can conform the additional charges on your airtime bill dated 20 January 2019, are valid and correct from our

perspective, as they’ve been dialled from your SIM card. If you were using our Wi-Fi Calling service, this

wouldn’t prevent charges as calls are still made via our network.

As the account holder, it’s your responsibility to monitor your account and usage. You can access your

account online by using the following link to log in:

https://www.o2.co.uk/business/myo2business

For the reasons stated above, I’m unable to uphold your complaint.

Next steps

This letter is our final position so you may wish to approach the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is there to

resolve disputes between communications providers and their customers. It is free to use their services, and

they are totally independent – so they do not take sides.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Impossible for me or anyone here to see your usage so no idea who is right in this case, but if it was a facetime call over wifi, or mobile data, you shouldn't have been charged.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@krish  Are you certain that you were connected by WiFi?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

krish
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Bambino

Yes I am at home connected to home wife

Call I have made FaceTime AUDIO to other number in USA and SWITZERLAND

Message 6 of 10

krish
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This PAY MONTHLY BUSINESS CONTRACT
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So as a business customer you could be charged for data if you went over your allowances and the WiFi dropped out, but that doesn't explain them saying it was a SIM call.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

krish
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @MI5

Is there any way to find out is call FaceTime audio or normal international call

I am not able see call history for 6 weeks before calls, how to get that

Thanks
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
On my consumer contract I can see all my calls itemised in my MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I guess you can do the same on a business contract?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10