Did you mean: 

Handset price increase

Andrius
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

We had moved to O2 from EE few months back and contract included hardware credit. we were given handset price list and told that each time we need handset price for it will be deducted from hardware credit. all seemed to be fair and square with few hiccups where they had no handsets in stock and no ETA's and eventually telling me that its EOL (Samsung A3 and J5 for example, available everywhere but they don’t have them anymore) until 2 months later i'm placing order for handset and being told that price increased. so I’ve asked for list price of all Samsung handsets as its most commonly ordered device in our place. to my surprise prices gone up on lower end devices, especially J3. June- July we were "paying" £93.29+VAT, new price from this month for it is £152.29+VAT!!!. that’s over 60% increase in price. My account manager cannot explain it, as according to him it’s not in his control. Checked elsewhere and J3 is as cheap as it was before. Vodafone for example PAYG sell them for £99 including VAT, Samsung website sim free £132.5+VAT, Carphone Warehouse £129+£10 credit. Anyone else had price increase this month and is there someone who regulate by how much provider can charge for devices?

thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Evening @Andrius

As we are all customers here we can't answer your query. You need to speak to Customer Services on 8002 to see if they can supply a reason for the increase in prices.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Evening @Andrius

As we are all customers here we can't answer your query. You need to speak to Customer Services on 8002 to see if they can supply a reason for the increase in prices.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We are all customers here unfortunately so have no idea or control ove o2 pricing strategy.
Business customer service might be able to advise you on 8002.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Andrius, and welcome to the forum! Did you get a chance to reach out to Business Customer Services sicne you last posted? If so it'd be great if you could let us know what you found out slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4