Did you mean: 

Do you believe in happy work places?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Earlier this year, O2 took part in the Northumbria Water Group Innovation Festival. This unique event aims to identify innovative and creative solutions for a range of societal and environmental issues. Over a 5 days Design Sprint, the participants generated a wide range of ideas, a lot of them focused around mental health and happiness in the workplace. You can read more about this on the O2 Business Blog here.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 09.57.02.png

We all spend most of our time at work, and  it's really important to make sure that we feel valued and motivated there. Our time in the office shouldn't generate mental health issues, and the right environment and conditions can create a happier, healthier, safer and more productive workforce slight_smile

Everyone has a different idea of what their ideal work place would be like, so I thought it'd make for an interesting discussion:

What makes your work place happy?

What do you think could make it happier? 

It could be more flexibility, feeling listened to, having office pets, some perks such as on-site gym, regular team activities or free breakfast ... nothing is too big or too small, so I'm looking forward to reading your comments!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm

It'd be nice to work somewhere where the management value the work done by the staff rather than just seeing them as a cost.

That's why I'm trying to save to start my own venture as I don't think I'll find that sort of environment working for others doing IT.

Message 21 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for your insights @Cleoriff @darrengf @pgn @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie, this is a really interesting conversation to follow nerd It sounds like everyone agrees that equality, respect and recognition are 3 key things, along with everyone pulling their weight and making some effort. I found a good read recently, which is directly related but somehow linked to this conversation - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45214560 

@Anonymous What kind of venture are you looking into mainly, if you don't mind me asking?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 22 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT

Probably cloud computing of some sort, setting up and operating solutions for businesses that don't want to/don't have the skills to do it themselves.

Looking into costs and pitfalls etc, don't want want to trip up where others have.

Message 23 of 24

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@EmilieT

Probably cloud computing of some sort, setting up and operating solutions for businesses that don't want to/don't have the skills to do it themselves.

Looking into costs and pitfalls etc, don't want want to trip up where others have.

Sounds like a really good idea @Anonymous, and being cautious and prepared is for the best - even if it means you can't be your own boss just yet, it'll all fall into place in due time slight_smile 

signature

Message 24 of 24