Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Opt Out Charges

Jakki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone else have CONSTANT billing problems??  I have been with 02 for many years.. always paid by DD until around 2 years ago.. every single month they either took too much from my account or tried to take it early before my salary went in, leaving me with Bank Charges!!  EVERY SINGLE MONTH!!  Since then i pay at the end of every month using the Banking App on my phone.. I incur a £2.50 DD opt out fee!  Despite it being 02's fault in the first place!  This month not only have they overcharged me but they have charged me TWO Direct Debit opt out fees!!!!  I cant tell you how angry i am, having just wasted over an hour on 'Chat' for them to tell me 'as a gesture of Goodwill they'll refund one of the charges'  GOODWILL!!!!???  FUMING! ragerage

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jakki 

I suggest you call customer service on 202 rather than using chat.

There is no DD opt out fees that I am aware of and I certainly am not charged so.

You can also ask for a specific date for your DD to be taken to suit your salary cycle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @Jakki
Gosh what an awful situation.
As suggested call customer services not chat
Early morning 08.00am is best.
Get your details on a paper ... dates money taken etc. so that you have them to quote to the agent.
I would request the sum you have incurred ie extra charges. £xxx. stick there.
Get your DD DATE settled correctly.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum.
Let us know how you get on.
Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A £2.50 charge is usually for a late payment rather than an opt out fee. 

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you are on a business contract @Jakki then you need to call 8002, and this might be why there is a non DD charge.
However you should be able to view your bills using the My o2 website and confirm if this is the case or if you are being charged for anything else outside of your allowance.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5