Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed charges

Karla_Hernandez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I would like to get some help with a charge i have received for using my mobile data abroad.

I have been charged £252 to used 3,2Gb in Greece and I'm wondering if there is a way I can know exactly the details about this usage (website, links, apps used) and why I have been charged this ridiculous amount being in the Europe zone.

This is really upseting me so any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Karla Hernandez

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Karla_Hernandez 

Depending on where in Greece you went, it's possible that your phone locked onto  a Turkish network.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Roaming-in-Turkey-and-Cyprus/bc-p/1105917

Without knowing more details, it's difficult to guess, but if you call customer service on 202, they will advise you better.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's almost certainly charges from a Turkish network. The other possibility is connecting to a cruise ship. It should tell you in My O2 where and how data was used.

Message 3 of 10

Karla_Hernandez
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response MI5.

I went to Corfus and the day of the charge I was defenitely on the island (I didn't flight that day).

I'm aware you can not advise in particular cases but I really want to know if O2 or the provider of my company can give the details about those 3,2Gb. I reallly need to understand how this could happen. £252 for this is just unreasanable.

Thanks again

Karla

Message 4 of 10

Karla_Hernandez
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie

So is it a fact that I can ask for the detail of that data usage? In my work, the HR department has been told they can't provide the details so I'm in the position that I have to pay £252 without knowing what has been charged... I'm really upset  

The account is manage by an independent provider called Symphony. How you can usually resolve this disputes with them?

Thanks

Karla

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Ah, so @Karla_Hernandez You are on a business account?

If so, call 8002 and they will give you a breakdown.

Edited to say that I can now see you have posted in the businnes board, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Karla_Hernandez
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

I have called 202 and 8002 but the machine says my account is managed by an independent provider. That is why it's so frustating.... they say they can't provide the breakdown so I'm looking for someone with the same scenario to see if O2 provide this info.  

I'm pretty sure I didn't take Turkish network. Corfu is very far away from there and also I was not flying that day so not way that my phone could take any other network than the greek one.

Thanks a lot for your help again

Thanks

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @Marjo another customer getting the run around here. 

Can you help please?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Karla_Hernandez , sorry to hear you've been having trouble trying to sort this out - any progress since yesterday or are you still stuck? I'll be happy to check on our end if we can get any information or next steps for you. I'll need to get a few additional details to be able to escalate this so I'll drop you a Private Message shortly to discuss further.

Cheers for the tag and troubleshooting above guys @MI5 , @jonsie . slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

Karla_Hernandez
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply @Marjo . I have responded your private mail giving you more details.

Happy you escalate this for me. Thanks a lot!

More info

Message 10 of 10