Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract with Aerial Direct

pablomakaveli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I discovered today that my business contract is with Aerial Direct and not O2 as I had previously believed. After reading a few threads about them I'm now aware of their reputation but am a bit concerned. My contract is up in a few months and I'm a bit worried they'll try pull something. Will they honour the fact the contract is expired or will they attempt to auto renew or something like that?

I had a phone call from them today and spoke to the woman about an upgrade. I didn't agree to anything so she said she'd email me an offer (which I haven't gotten) and ring me back next week. I plan to tell them to get stuffed when they ring back but as I said I'm worried they might try and keep me contracted somehow.

I appreciate this is my own fault. They rang me just before my contract expired a couple of years ago and offered me a sim only deal which I accepted. I was under the false impression that they were like a call centre contracted to handle O2's business accounts. I don't recall them every mentioning that my contract would be switched from O2 to them so I feel I was misled somewhat.

Any advice on how to deal with them would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Stand firm and give notice that you wish to cancel your contract.
Ask for your PAC and use it, even if you just move it to a PAYG sim in the interim whilst you decide what to do about another contract. Using the PAC will guarantee the contract is cancelled.
Put everything in writing and keep copies.
The advice on this thread is for O2 but the same principles apply https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Stand firm and give notice that you wish to cancel your contract.
Ask for your PAC and use it, even if you just move it to a PAYG sim in the interim whilst you decide what to do about another contract. Using the PAC will guarantee the contract is cancelled.
Put everything in writing and keep copies.
The advice on this thread is for O2 but the same principles apply https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

pablomakaveli
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I'm guessing I should request the PAC code shortly before the contract ends. I'd imagine Aerial will try to charge me for the remaining 5 months of the contract if I request it too early?

Can I request the PAC code in writing? From reading previous threads it seems that they can be a bit unreliable in answering call back requests.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Personally I would put it in writing and call them myself.
Your PAC is valid for 30 days, so if you request it in your last month you will be OK to use it a couple of days before the end of your contract date.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

pablomakaveli
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great. Thanks very much MI5. That advice is very much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be free from that lot in a few months.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Best of luck mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Let us know how you get on with this @pablomakaveli slight_smile If other members run into the same issue your updates on this will be very helpful!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

Peterturbed
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems like they are a bunch of chancers to me. O2 transferred the business account. They have not provided any handset, provide no services, yet are chargng for it. They have also let me know they are expecting £300 to buy myself out of the contract.

I will be reporting these fraudsters and O2 to the Ombudsman over the cavalier way they do business. It's gouging at best, fraud at worst.

Message 8 of 9

BooC
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with 02 for years and one day had a call to say Ariel Direct had taken over the management.

To be fair they have been ok but my contract has expired.

I have gone back to 02 and asked for a new sim only deal. I have spent all morning trying to sort and at last the chat line told me i'd be best talking to someone for the best discount. I told him every single number directs me to Ariel Direct and lo the last number i've been given does exactly the same. Do 02 even want the business????  I've been a loyal client for years. Maybe I'll move to a company who will talk to me like im not a complete idiot.

Message 9 of 9