Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing business number to personal

Morgie36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm about to leave my company due to redundancy but would like to keep my number. The company contract runs until March 2022 and they have around 80 numbers registered (of which about 50-60 will be switched off due to redundancies).

Can the company just pay off the contract for my number to be able to keep it or does it have to pay off all contracts/numbers to keep just one (which would obviously be prohibitively expensive).

(I've hunted through the the boards and can't quite get the answer I'm looking for, but please redirect me if I missed something!)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Morgie36 

It would depend on how the contracts were set up in the first place.

You would need to speak to your enterprise manager or O2 business customer sevices on 8002.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Morgie36 

It would depend on how the contracts were set up in the first place.

You would need to speak to your enterprise manager or O2 business customer sevices on 8002.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Morgie36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Alas, Procurement will handle that as I don’t deal with it. My alarm bells went off when HR said it would be too expensive before anyone had even asked O2, so just wanted to see if this was true.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

They do need to ask @Morgie36 

I know in our company that we can port out individual numbers without effecting the overall contract but it does depend on the individual T&C's.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4