Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business upgrade team?

RedPepper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently submitted a request for an upgrade to one of the phones on my business account via the business portal, and was advised to expect a call back within 24 hours. Slightly later than this I got a call from 0330 303 5293, but the phone screen flashed to say "Suspected Spam" so I let it ring out. No voicemail was left.

I then had an email from o2businessteam@o2businessteam.co.uk saying they hadn't been able to contact me and to call 0800 597 6518 within 48 hours.  I've done this and after taking company name, my name order and contact number details been promised a call back.

I'm now not sure if this O2, and can't find that number or website anywhere on the o2.co.uk sites.  Also, having looked the o2businessteam.co.uk website, found that this is just a hosting page - not an o2 site.  Am I being scammed?  Has my order been intercepted somewhere and this isn't actually o2 at all?  Any ideas?  TIA.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@RedPepper 

Call 8002 for O2 Business contracts from your O2 phone to check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@RedPepper 

Call 8002 for O2 Business contracts from your O2 phone to check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@RedPepper You can also call O2 Business on 0800 977 7337 or 0800 977 7027 if you're an Online Business Customer.

Also check your bank account for any changes and see these links:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

RedPepper
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the feedback.

I did call 8002 yesterday and they have agreed the "spam" number and domain looks bad, but couldn't confirm if it was/wasn't dodgy.  However, Nathan at the team was able to sort out the renewal/upgrade for me, so I was able to ignore the messages/calls from the "spam" number (whether genuine or not!).  Also, have decided to renew/upgrade one of the other numbers on the account, so a good result in the end.

Thanks all!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Good result @RedPepper 👍

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Heather79
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried to upgrade online today and have received an email saying someone will be in touch. Is the normal thing now? Last time I upgraded online it did it straight away and the phone arrived the following day 

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Heather79 

It depends on the business account and whether they want to do a review at the same time.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7