Brits want to keep working from home

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

50320.jpg

Hey guys,

I hope you are all well. I think it is fair to say that the corona virus has changed the way we worka lot these days. By now most of us have set up a home office and there is no sign of going back into to our real offices any time soon. How much the outbreak has actually changed the business environment has recently been shown by a study from O2.

Research shows that 45% of people think lockdown will change their company’s approach to flexible working long-term. Besides that flexible working has become more important than ever. Aside from income, flexible working currently ranks as the most important workplace benefit employees consider when taking a new role.

One of the biggest reasons Brits rather stay in their homes for work is commuting. With a third of employees (30%) wanting to reduce the cost of their commute by working from home, 23% choosing to work flexibly as they find travelling to the office a waste of time and 17% working flexibly because they find commuting stressful.

But cutting back from commuting has more upsides than you would think. The change in work and commuting habits could result in a decrease of 14.3 megatonnes of the UK’s annual greenhouse gas emissions, more than the total emissions for Northern Ireland, if those able to work from home did so two days a week.

What are your plans for the future? Are you returning to the office or are you staying safe in the comfort of your own home? Is your company rethinking office attendance? Let me know below.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

forevergroup
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm surprised more attention hasn't been brought to this post, it's an incredibly important point to be making. Especially with an estimated 4 MILLION global deaths a year from air pollution.

Thank you for sharing.

Message 2 of 3

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks @forevergroup glad you like it 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3