Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch support for business customers

Tarrantula
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just been told that O2 Business does not support the Apple Watch to make calls. Is that the case? If so, when will it offer this basic service. If I change all of my accounts to a consumer contract, I can have it straight away. That is not a possibility. Any advice would be most helpful.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Tarrantula Probably the best people to discuss your issue with would be O2's account Gurus @O2Richard or @Anonymous who may be able to advise you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Thanks for the tag. @Tarrantula Going to send you a private message, so I can relay the information over.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Tarrantula 

The only option with a business account is to connect via bluetooth and keep your phone with you at all times.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

TomDrury
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been waiting since the Apple Watch Series 4 came out over 12 months now. O2 business does not support i watch but if i paid the remainder of my contract off then they could transfer my account and then they can add the iwatch onto my new 24 month 02 contract. 

Absolute rip off!!! Oh and if you want to ring them expect 30mins of talking to a rebot and the an additional 30 mins while they pass you from department to department. 

Would not recommend if they paid me to!!!

If anybody wants any advice, try EE or GiffGaff or Vodafone. 
AVOID O2 AT ALL COSTS

Message 5 of 11

MikeTSC
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous @O2Richard - I have a similar issue. I have a relatively new Business Account with O2 and checked the website when I took the plans out that O2 was compatible with Apple Watch... but of course nothing clear on the website says "we are, but not if you're a business customer"... just says O2 is compatible. Anyway... now got an Apple Watch and it's essentially useless.... I'd be very grateful if you would DM me and provide some advice..?

Message 6 of 11

MancRob
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if this is still the case and are there any proposed dates when this may be avaibale for business customers?

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MancRobOne of our members @madasaf1sh might know the answer to this one.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff

@MancRob - Not heard anything at all on this for a while, and we have no notifications to say otherwise.

I dont think their is enough interest from Enterprise Customers (like who i work for) as i know we havent had a single request out of 14,500 users
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 11

Lucas_R
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just facing the same issue...Bought an apple watch with cellular capabilities just to not be able to use it with my work phone. This is after doing a lot of research and coming to the website below which clearly states that ''Apple Watch Cellular on O2 will only work with tariffs that support Wifi and 4G Calling. All of our current tariffs do, along with all tariffs bought from 2014 onwards. If you bought a tariff before 2014, you’ll need to upgrade to one of our current tariffs."

My tariff is recent and therefore there was absolutely no reason for me to think that it would NOT work...

Question - could you please fix/sort this out for business customers?

See the link below stating that ALL plans from 2014 onwards are compatible..

Apple Watch | Help & Support | O2

Message 10 of 11