Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch on business

Mattjay5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phoned o2 to add a watch to my business account only to be told I can’t have 1 as they don’t support this, I asked for ways around it and they said I’d need to buy a consumer contract and then link the 2 together but he said not all functions would work which I’m fine with as I’d be looking to use it for sleep etc rather than texts/calls, so I then asked the o2 rep why I couldn’t just go out and buy a used watch and link it albeit without being able to make/receive calls, to which he replied ‘u wouldn’t be able to do that as it’s a business account’ surely I can just go buy a used 1 and link it to my phone same as I would if I bought a new 1 from currys or Argos? Seems to me as though the rep was trying a hard sale and deterring me from buying used

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Mattjay5 

You can connect any watch to any phone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

It matters not what type of account it is.

Only the cellular functions will not work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Mattjay5 

You can connect any watch to any phone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

It matters not what type of account it is.

Only the cellular functions will not work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Philtheprint
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems the most ridiculous situation that as a business customer you cannot connect an Apple iWatch Cellular to a business account. O2 are the only carrier that don't support this on a business account, its absolutely absurd.

Can anyone at O2 shed any light on when this backward decision will change?

Salesman wasn't clear at the time of order either. Only just moved to O2, bought watch and sent it back. Should have stayed with EE. So frustrated its unbelievable!

Message 3 of 7

Philtheprint
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, discovered that. Absolutely ridiculous.

Message 4 of 7

Paul1111
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

agreed - madness. Its not possible to add an apple watch (independent sim) to a business account. Why?!!! O2 really are in the dark ages.    We will move our business account unless o2 sort this quickly. 

Message 5 of 7

Paul1111
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

agreed - madness. Its not possible to add an apple watch (independent sim) to a business account. Why?!!! O2 really are in the dark ages.    o2 need to sort this quickly. 

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Paul1111 

This is a customer to customer forum so nobody at O2 will see your posts. If you want to make representations you will need to contact O2 direct :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

However, I cannot see this being sorted out quickly as O2 seem to have enough other problems and getting Apple watches to work at all seems to be a major challenge for them.  

Message 7 of 7