Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial direct again! - No access to account details

crippsy99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since googling this cowboy outfit, it seems like they've been at it for years and are basically scammers!

Had a call at the beginning of september from Aerial direct working for o2.. normally I just dont answer random calls or just waste their time, but this time as they said they were working for o2, It seemed genuine although I made sure not to give out any personal details or anything they didn't already know..

Anyway.. I was paying £31 a month sim only with unlimited mins, text and 20gb data, and the guy on the phone offered a new sim only tarrif for £20 or £21 a month for unlimited texts, mins but 100gb a month data (a 50gb tarriff but double data to 100gb) so said ok as seemed a good deal and it was o2. Again, I don't remember giving out any details to them that they didn't already know, and have not seen any contract except some pre-contract summary and info which the link expired 5 days after the phonecall so can't check on anything there.

Cut to the present day 3 weeks down the line.. so apparently im now on an o2 business account, even though im a regular pay monthly consumer and I wasn't told id be changed to business.
No issues directly YET, however I no longer have any actual access to my account or details or anything basically. The My02 app no longer works. Signing in on the website as a personal account and it either tells me its got problems finding my account, or that my only available services are o2 wifi.. Tried signing into the business side of the site then, and that tells me I don't have any services available on my account, so to contact my o2 business contact or phone a number up in business hours!

At this moment, im unable to access anything on my account.. how many mins, texts and data I actually have, how much its going to be costing me etc, I don't even know how long the contract is meant to be for and in the past couple of weeks ive not had 5g data once now so im wondering am I even on a 5g data tarriff anymore?! 

I have messaged Ariel direct on their own help form and on X/Twitter and nothing from them back.. O2 live chat wont help at the moment as its a business account issue now not a pay monthly issue..

Seeing some of the posts online and the high bill charges etc, im a little worried at how much im going to be paying for this service as cannot actually see any details. 

Anyone have some suggestions?!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Correct, @crippsy99 - contact 8002 in business hours. Here for on-line management - https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/accounts-and-billing

Message 2 of 12

crippsy99
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No services available

You don't seem to have any services available on your account at the moment. Get in touch with your usual O2 Business contact or call us on 0800 028 0202.

Message 3 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Actually, O2 webpages indicate you can get help any day of the week from 8002:

https://www.o2.co.uk/business/contact-us

Message 4 of 12

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@crippsy99 

Please see :-

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of t... - Page 11 - O2 Community

My suggestion remains :-

"I have not read all of this thread which I am sure contains lots of good advice. However, I would suggest that you 'phone your local council's trading standards team and see if you can interest them in your case. You'll soon get the feeling for whether or not they are likely to pursue this, although that might result in them referring the matter to the team located on Aerial's patch. 

There's nothing lost in contacting trading standards and it might just sort out your problem".  

Message 5 of 12

Gizmo_29
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you have any problems and do not get a reasonable response from AD on the first try go directly to OFCOM. Its easy to do on their web site and even have AD on a drop down menu. They must have a file a foot thick on this company. OFCOM give you a case number and they do get results.

Remember any call you have with them thats "recorded for training purposes" you are legaly entitled to a copy under the data protection act. Use this to review what you have agreed to or promises they have made 

Message 6 of 12

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Gizmo_29 

Good suggestion, but there's no reason that you cannot contact both Trading Standards and OFCOM if you have the time.  

Message 7 of 12

Gizmo_29
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do not hesitate to use either of these services....   THEY DO LISTEN!

OFCOM

https://ofcomlive.my.salesforce-sites.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTSwitchedWithoutPermission

Ombudsman 

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

Message 8 of 12

MrSaltNPepper
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All the above also applies to me...at the moment I'm in limbo waiting for my phone to start working properly again..

Message 9 of 12

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MrSaltNPepper 

Do you want to tell us what is wrong in case we can offer some suggestions ? 

Depending on your issue, you might want to look at :-

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

There are other guides too. If you want more help, please describe your problem. 

Message 10 of 12