Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct Termination Fee

Wendela
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear O2 community, 

I am looking for some advice on terminating my Aerial Direct contract. I have been a loyal customer to both O2 and Aerial Direct with a relatively expensive sim-only contract, one that I have had for many years. I am moving abroad next month and wanted to explore my options regarding either terminating my contract or going forward with a heavily reduced, maybe even pay-as-you go, service.

I was so shocked to find out that the only options forward are for me to either pay more than £1,000 in termination fees OR transfer my account to another person in my family (which just seems ridiculous). I could not believe that as a very low-maintenance, sim-only customer those are the only options I have when moving abroad. I have been with O2/Aeria Direct for over 5-6 years and I realise it is my fault for not looking at the fine print of when I renewed my contract last, but I am shocked that there is no fairer break clause within my contract and really don't know what to do about this. 

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Is this something O2 can help with? 

Thanks in advance. 

Wendela

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10686 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3104 Solutions

@Wendela 

Unfortunately this is something you need to pick up with Aerial Direct, as you are bound by there T&C's 

Even if you where an o2 direct customer you would still need to pay the remainder of the term, as a cancellation charge... 

It would be a good idea to log a complaint via Resolver

Good Luck, think you will need it.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7145 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

If it is SIM only then termination fees should never be more than the cost of the number of months owing on your contract term.

Not sure what these people have written into their contracts, but sound suspicious to me.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10686 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3104 Solutions

@Wendela 

Unfortunately this is something you need to pick up with Aerial Direct, as you are bound by there T&C's 

Even if you where an o2 direct customer you would still need to pay the remainder of the term, as a cancellation charge... 

It would be a good idea to log a complaint via Resolver

Good Luck, think you will need it.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23558 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Wendela Aerial Direct is one of O2's so called 'trusted partners'. There have been numerous posts on the community pages over the years about their unscrupulous tactics. Business contracts do not have the same kind of cancellation rules as ordinary consumer contracts, and unfortunately, your contract is with them, not with O2, so there's probably nothing that can be done on O2's side about your predicament.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4