cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have seen muliple posts about Aerial Direct the 'trusted' business partners of 02 on this forum and online. Has anyone been able to sucessfully get out of their contract? I dont need to be told about the business ethics of this company, I have seen the previous posts and have been fooled for a while! 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag on this one @jonsie!

@KatyJon@kev_castlecroft I'll send you both a private message about this one to get some more info and I'll see what I can do to help. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 61 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

KatyJon
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @Martin-O2 look forward to the PM to get this resolved as o2 and AD blaming each other and outright lying is really getting to me

Message 63 of 118

kev_castlecroft
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I discovered from a lot of conversations with various o2 / Aerial advisers that the internal migration/port of the number from Aerial to o2 is just not possible, basically it is down to Aerial's terms & conditions.

I think it is because they are paid for the term of contract by o2 so they will do everything possible to keep the number active as long as possible.

But they can't stop you porting the number to another network. i.e. "3" and then 24 hours later requesting a pac code from 3 & porting it back to o2 consumer.

This is exactly what I have done.

So 2 fingers up to Aerial & Good Riddance!

Message 64 of 118

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Excellent workaround @kev_castlecroft well done mate. Should help many others in the same predicament 😊

Message 65 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well done @kev_castlecroft thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 118

Simon_J_C
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I guess it must be that time of year, I just had my call about improving my tariff...

I am in the same boat as a lot of you, having unwittingly signed up for a long term contract. I am initially charged £45.00 per month (yeah, I know), but they send me some money back, making my bill a slightly more reasonable(!) £33.60.

For this princely sum, I get 6GB data and unlimited calls and texts. I bought my own phone, an iphone 5SE (which I'm happy with), so this contract does not include a phone.

My contract ends in 12 months, so they've kindly offered to extend my contract (they failed, as always, to mention that this would 36 months from today) for the cost of £29.60, when I said that was too much, they reduced it to £24.60.

They would kindly increase my data limit to 12GB too (still no new phone).

Of course, they're not going to do this unless I extend my contract by another 24 months.

When o2 are offering a SIM only deal for £18-20 with 20GB of data, this still seems like a lot of money. And for what I've read on here, if I decide to buy my way out of the contract, there's no guarantee I'll get to keep my number.

Message 67 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Simon_J_C 

That's an awfully high price to pay for a sim only contract!!

O2 have an offer on for simo. 100GB data, Unlimited Calls and Texts for £25 per month.

I have just upgraded to 6GB  sim only and am paying £15 a month for that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 118

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simon_J_C
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did. I asked them to call me back tomorrow.

I'm not going to extend my contract though. I'll let you know what they offer...

Message 70 of 118