cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have seen muliple posts about Aerial Direct the 'trusted' business partners of 02 on this forum and online. Has anyone been able to sucessfully get out of their contract? I dont need to be told about the business ethics of this company, I have seen the previous posts and have been fooled for a while! 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s great to hear! I’ve been away for a while so not really knowing much about what’s gone on.

Thanks for the update
Message 41 of 118

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Makembill, I'll drop you a private message here on the forum to get a few additional details in order to pass this on to be looked at, please do check when you get a moment. slight_smile

Message 42 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Absolutely immoral for O2 to accept a student on a business contract when they had declined her previously. Shame on you O2!

Message 43 of 118

Makembill
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @Makembill, I'll drop you a private message here on the forum to get a few additional details in order to pass this on to be looked at, please do check when you get a moment. slight_smile

Hi Marjo,

I'll reply tomorrow as I may need additional details from my daughter. She's on nightsjift tonight. 

Thanks

Message 44 of 118

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

No worries @Makembill. We'll be online normally on weekdays so I will get your message beginning of next week then. slight_smile Enjoy your weekend in the meantime.

Message 45 of 118

Makembill
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

An update;

Thanks to @Marjo for opening an avenue to talk with Aerial regarding the contract they got her to accept.

I had a call from Aerial and we discussed things openly. As a result, they will not bend on contract duration (I guess to do so would be opening the floodgates) but they agreed the contract offered was abysmal. As a result her monthly tariff by about 7.5% and increased her data from 750mb to 2gb. 

This is still not good compared to whats what's available to O2 customers, but the data limit is far more manageable for my daughter. 

Thanks all! 

Message 46 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MakembillPleased you got some sort of resolution at least. Though plenty of us think it's immoral to sell a business contract to a student. Had they any real compassion they should have cancelled it, though that would be a step too far for Aerial!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 118

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Makembill thanks for coming back to update on this, much appreciated. Glad to hear you got to speak with them to make changes to the tariff.

I did see that you wanted to pass on some additional feedback about this as well, happy to look into that for you so I'm going to drop you another PM shortly. slight_smile

Message 48 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I still find their business ethics deplorable and to sell a student a business contract was despicable. To be unbending on the type of contract sold is appalling. They should have released her from this contract immediately and far from setting a precedent, it would show some empathy to a student who will no doubt be needing her student loan without having to factor in this company's predatory tactics on the vulnerable.

Message 49 of 118

CarolineHart
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish to get out of my contract with Ariel Direct, I accepted that they were partners with O2 but have since reviewed many issues with them, i didnt realise who i was signing up too!

Please can you tell me how I get out of this contract! and go back to O2!

they also have me on a business contract but I dont have a business please sort, other wise i am going to trading standards!

Message 50 of 118