cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have seen muliple posts about Aerial Direct the 'trusted' business partners of 02 on this forum and online. Has anyone been able to sucessfully get out of their contract? I dont need to be told about the business ethics of this company, I have seen the previous posts and have been fooled for a while! 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Makembill
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello folks. I'm here on behalf of my daughter. 

She was a student, who went to O2 to get a mobile contract. 

The O2 shop refused to give her a mobile contract but said she could have one through their business partner Aerial. She took this advice and took the contract. This was later renewed, but When I heard about her contract she was given I was appalled at how much she was paying for what she was getting. I immediately contacted Aerial to ask about cancellation rights but they said as it's a business contract and there are no cancellation rights / cooling off period. 

Recently, she received another call from Aerial, when she was least expecting it. Six months or so before contract end. She'd been on nights and was shattered and caught unawares. She ended up renewing. She was told it would be two years, but the email says three years. Her new contract is only giving her 750mb of data for £20 /month. This is nothing short of robbery. They took advantage of her vulnerability and nailed her. 

Reading the thread she looks tied, but I'd love any advice I can take yo help her out. She's a young lass and 750mb of data doesn't last her 2 weeks.

Message 31 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve posted a link a few times to the best place to report, this is similar to what happened to me.

Get onto them, they can take the report and give you advice on what to do next.
Message 32 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Makembill  These so called trusted partners are disgusting. Taking advantage of people constantly.

It says something about O2 when they won't give her a contract but refer her to Aerial for a business contract which is the last thing she needs.

I will mention our heads of community here @Marjo and @Martin-O2 to see if they can help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 118

Makembill
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that.

Looking at O2 sim only deals she could get 20gb of data compared to 750mb in Aerial

Message 34 of 118

Makembill
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@django90 wrote:
I’ve posted a link a few times to the best place to report, this is similar to what happened to me.

What was the outcome of their intervention @django90?

Message 35 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Makembill wrote:

@django90 wrote:

What was the outcome of their intervention @django90?

@django90That may have been the case before now. However, recently our community managers are getting involved with all sorts of issues and have had great success in getting problems sorted more quickly than anyone else.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They will give you advice and then pass on the details once taken a report, unfortunately I can’t really do much as I was caught in the same way your daughter was and was oblivious to it, had to learn the hard way but I’m nearly at the end of the contract now.

Just report and make sure they are known, 1-2 complaints are coincidence, several get noticed
Message 37 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Really? What’s been happening?
Message 38 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also very good to know too!
Message 39 of 118

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@django90 wrote:
Really? What’s been happening?

@django90   We have three community managers who are working with an O2 guru to get most issues resolved. They have managed to get phones unlocked within a day when people are having problems.

They have also told us the complaint dept is backed up to the hilt and therefore we should call them into a thread ....where hopefully they can expedite matters in a more timely manner.

Far better system for members. Saves any middleman intervention and they have successfully sorted out many problems.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 118